Dear Parents / Carers
I wanted to write and remind you about our sunsmart protection policy.
We developed this to ensure we can all enjoy the sun safely during the coming months.
The sun’s rays are particularly strong over the summer and they can damage children’s skin. This may not seem like a problem right now, but sadly it can lead to skin cancer in later life. Your child’s health and well-being are very important.
You can help by:
- Talking to your child about the importance of sun protection
- Ensuring your child has sun screen on prior to coming to school. If your child is particularly vulnerable to the suns rays, they may bring labelled sun cream to school to apply at lunchtimes.
- Sending your child to school with a hat, preferably a wide brimmed one
- Ensuring your child wears t-shirts with sleeves for when outside
- Ensuring your child brings a water bottle to school
- Encourage children to wear their hats when they go outside
- Encourage children to drink more, during the school day
- Ensure that all children are taught about the importance of sun protection
- Remind children to use sunscreen in the summer months.
More details of these and other sun protection plans can be found in our Sun Smart Policy which is attached to this letter.
Sun Protection policy 2017
School Health and Safety Officer
Together I hope we can have a very happy and safe summer term.